Everyone I talk to now days always tells me to go get a animal from the animal shelter because it would save their lives. And in all honestly that is the main point of getting a pet in the first place, to bring love to them. Each year, 2.7 million adoptable dogs and cats are euthanized in the United States, simply because too many pets come into shelters and too few people consider adoption when looking for a pet.
And if that number does not make you want to go adopt a new dog from the shelter here are more reasons to go get one by the dodo:
- Rescue dogs can make incredible transformations when they are adopted into loving homes.
- Most rescue dogs are relinquished for reasons that have nothing to do with behavioral problems, and they are generally quite loving and gentle.
- If you adopt a dog, you’ll be giving him the gift of new adventures and exploration.
- Your other animals might actually be grateful to have a new pal, as shelter dogs often get quite a bit of socialization before they’re adopted.
- Dogs at shelters come in all shapes and sizes!
- Choosing rescue dogs means that you won’t be supporting inhumane puppy mills.
To go back to my home page click this: link